Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh How I Love Chocolate and FUDGE!!!!

So here begins my collection of recipes that I cannot live without. Another thing I cannot live without is a chocolate indulgence every now and then! I came across this recipe in a magazine called Healing Path and it put a whole new meaning to healthy fudge which I never thought was possible. It was in an article for Candida to starve of sugar cravings. I love it because of the coconut oil, almond butter, cinnamon and stevia, all of which I love! It also has a ton of fiber which we all know is important.

Here it is:
Karen's Incredible, Edible, Healing Coconut Fudge
6-8 TBSP. Coconut Oil (need to heat to soften)--I usually use 8 Tbsp.
8 oz. almond butter, room temperature
3 packets stevia
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
3 TBSP. cocoa powder--I usually do heaping tablespoons
1TBSP. Cinnamon

Mix oil and butter until smooth, stir in the remaining ingredients. The batter will be sticky. Pour into an ungreased 9x9 pan. Add pecans or walnuts on top if you like. Refrigerate until solid and then enjoy. For a quicker way for this to become solid, I put it in the freezer! Then cut it into pieces and store in freezer. Try not to eat it all at once, I know it will be hard!!

2 comments:

  1. L- I love this! this idea of sharing your gluten free lifestyle! I struggle with it. When people ask me, I tell them I'm 80% gluten free (I still have the ocassional beer and I have a hard time at parties when the host fix pasta.....) My friend told me about a gluten free bakery in my neck of the woods, I need to go and try that out! Keep up the good work! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything except almond butter. Can peanut butter be a substitute?

    ReplyDelete