Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Struggles of College

So seeing as its three days into the fall semester,  reality has set in and school is indeed in motion! This brings back all of the emotions, problems, and struggles that come up when school is in session. The constant planning, packing, waking up early, trying to find a microwave, cramming in a snack between classes, oh how the list could go on! The one thing that I have tried to keep constant is that by dedicating one day for grocery shopping and cooking I can organize all the food for the week and start to pack it up which helps so much. I usually rotate meals and sometimes I do get sick of the same thing but next week I try to switch it up and try something new. But, I find it hard once I find a recipe I like I usually cook it for a couple of weeks. My new food obsession has been cashew butter! It is so creamy and nutty, I love it. I usually mix it in my cream of buckwheat in the morning and mix a pinch of cinnamon to punch it up even more, yum!! I even prepare the cream of buckwheat on my cooking day and freeze it in icecube trays so I can pop some cubes out and microwave it and in less than 2 minutes I have hot buckwheat cereal! Anyway, I think the hardest part of all of this is not feeling like everyone else. You can't as easily go out and get something to eat or go out with friends for drinks. You have to change your life around which can be tough. But you can do it!!! You can adapt and find new ways for fun and social interaction. I have found that food has become still a part of my identity but I no longer rely on it for comfort or reward, I use it purely to sustain myself. What are some of the struggles you have found? 

No comments:

Post a Comment