Tuesday, November 3, 2009

123 Gluten Free

So I made Pumpkin Muffins just in time to get in the groove of the holiday season. A couple of friends came over to watch the Office, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation and one of them just found out she has celiac disease. So I whipped out my newly purchased 123 Gluten Free Muffin and Quickbread Mix and went to their website for additional recipes. I found the recipe for Pumpkin Muffins and even though they did not suggest anything other than butter I thought I would still try using coconut oil and added two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to cut the coconut flavor. I popped them into the muffin tin and added chocolate chips to half and pecans to the others. After 20 minutes we were all able to enjoy these amazing muffins!! Everyone loved them and my other friend with celiac's disease complimented me all night and had three whole muffins. I have to admit that I also had three because they were just that good! They were gone before I knew it and I am itching to stock up on my new favorite mix. The only downside to me is that I am not able to control the type or amount of sugar that is used. Overall, this is a great mix with tons of potential for variety. The website has all kinds of recipes that definitely helps keep my need for variety satisfied.




No comments:

Post a Comment