Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My New Favorite Blog

So I just discovered this new blog: www.thespunkycoconut.com and I am officially addicted to the recipes that use coconut oil, coconut flour, are mostly sugar free, dairy free, corn free, and gluten free. I have tried the brownies, banana bread, and chocolate chip bars and they were amazing! I haven't bought the vanilla creme stevia that most of the recipes require but I just use vanilla and stevia instead because of the $10 cost. I really want to try her cake recipe which uses beans which I know would equate with a moist rich cake. You have to go and check out her recipes they are amazing!!! I just think I can't get enough of coconut oil and even her deserts are just so nutritious with almond butter and not a ton of sugar. I also like that the recipes were easy to make and didn't require buying a ton of expensive flours. I think that coconut flour is a great flour full of fiber that can be tricky to use but is worth the try.

No comments:

Post a Comment