Monday, January 25, 2010

Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies

As per usual, I was craving some chocolate after dinner and then the more I thought about it, I wanted some cookies; chocolate chip indeed. But, I only had coconut flour, brown rice flour, and no xanthum gum so whats a girl to do? Make a raw cookie instead! I have been trying a lot of raw recipes lately because of the fabulous health benefits and most of the time its easy and delicious. So I searched the internet far and wide and found this great cookie recipe. It has cashews, oats, agave nectar, vanilla, chocolate chips, and maple syrup. I thought hum how easy and it sounded great! So out came the food processor and the ingredients and off to bake I went, here is the recipe.
2/3 cashews
1/3 gluten free oats
Blend together in the food processor until it forms a fine flour, then add:
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
1Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
Blend until the dough forms a ball and bounces around the bowl. Then add 1/4 cup chocolate chips ( I used enjoy life chocolate chips) either mix with a spoon or pulse for 5 seconds until combined. Roll into small balls, I made about 17 small balls. Then enjoy! I loved the texture and the taste was perfect, it was almost like a cookie dough, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment