Thursday, August 27, 2009

AHA Tuna Salad!!!

Last night, I was running a little low on money and had to get some sort of lunch together for the crazy day of tomorrows classes. So I saw some cans of tuna in my cupboard and thought hum tuna? When was the last time I had tuna? It had to have been before I found out about my allergies. Memories of cheesy, mayoy, drenched goodness perfectly squeezed into a baguette came to mind and I thought ok without mayo what is tuna? But, then I started doing some research and also had half an avocado in the fridge and I put two and two together and made what is currently my favorite way to make tuna!!

1 can of tuna
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 TBSP. Olive Oil
1/2 lemon-juiced
Optional: diced red onion, celery, cucumber

Mix all together and add salt and pepper to your liking. Voila!! The yummiest tuna salad minus the mayo and calories! I ate it with some brown rice tortillas toasted in an oven to make oven chips or you could even eat with some veggies. You have to try it! You won't want tuna any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment