Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cream of Buckwheat-Breakfast Staple

So here is the brand of cream of buckwheat that I buy, it is so delicious and easy to make!! I have tried buckwheat groats and they are just so thick and crunchy. I felt the same way about aramanth I just felt that I had to put on a lot of sugar to cut the grain feeling they had. Nothing tastes as good or as close to oatmeal as this cream of buckwheat. So simple and delicious,  I have hot cereal in just under 15 minutes, everyone has time for that! Also, I like to make it ahead and coat an ice cube tray with some olive oil spray and put the hot cereal right in the tray and freeze it. Then about 30 minutes later I pop out the cubes and put into a ziploc baggie. Then in the morning I just pop about 3-4 cubes in the microwave with a little water and it is perfect. Usually I put some almond or rice milk in with the cereal and add some cinnamon or nuts. I have even tried swirling in some cashew butter which is fabulous if you want an extra nutty treat. I even like dates which give it an even sweeter taste or berries, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment