Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tortillas!

So you got to love tortillas but finding some without corn is hard. I have tried the food for life brown rice tortillas which are also very good but were so dry and crumbly that I never could say they were a staple for me. So when my friend Gluten Free Dee told me about these great tortillas called sandwich petals I had to try them. They are so incredible and delicious!! I ordered the variety pack and on Monday they did a BOGO special so I got so many tortillas. They have three flavors ancho chile, spinach, and agave grain and are all delicious. I have tried a breakfast burrito with spinach eggs and salsa with the ancho chile, so good!!! I also used one as my hamburger bun and was a quick, great substitute. These tortillas are so versatile and easy to digest and even have probiotics! They stay fresh for up to 30 days without freezing or refrigeration which is great. I have to say that this is great for all of us who are always on the go and need a healthy bread alternative when packing lunches or a great snack. Some other ideas I have are to eat it with hummus and veggies or with almond butter and mashed up strawberries or jam or even cut up and toasted to  make chips. I will tell you how those ideas actually taste when I try them.  Here is a link to their website:
http://www.sandwichpetals.com/

2 comments:

  1. yummy! I have them too :) I think I like the green ones best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so glad you tried these too! Oh, I love the green ones as well.

    ReplyDelete